Website Terms and Privacy StatementPlease select a section:
2.1 What we collect
2.2 What we do with the information we gather
2.5 Statistical Analysis
2.6 Links to other websites
2.7 Controlling your personal information
3. Website disclaimer
4. Copyright notice
Website Terms and Conditions
The term 'European Instruments Ltd' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Shotover Kilns, Old Road, Headington, Oxford, England, OX3 8ST. Our company registration number is 1190641 and place of registration is as above. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website. If you are employed or contracted to a company, agent, governing body or any other organisation then you are agreeing to these terms and conditions on behalf of that employer.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Back to top
European Instruments Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
European Instruments Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 03 Sep 2012.
Back to top
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Job and/or position related information
- Equipment information including but not limited to application, quantity and condition
- Company information
- Demographic information such as postcode
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Past communications with a customer may also be maintained, but only for the purpose relevant to supplying our goods or services.
Back to top
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional messages, about products/services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting. These will be sent either by email, fax, post or by telephone call.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may pass your details to selected third parties in order to fulfil the requirements of an order you have placed with us or provide technical information on a product we are proposing to sell you. We hold no liability or responsibility for how this information is stored by these third parties.
Back to top
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.Back to top
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Back to top
We may use third party analytical services to analyse website traffic information. We do this in order to asses weather the content of the website is suited to the needs of the user and to improve the website. The information collected includes but is not limited to:
- Your geographical location including country and city
- The traffic source
- What page you have viewed
- Internal site search terms
- Content viewed
- IP Address
- Date and time of visit
- Duration of visit
- Number of visits
- If you have looked at the site before
- Browser used
- ISP details
- Computer system information
Back to top
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Back to top
Controlling your personal information
If you don’t wish to receive information on promotions, service and sales offers then please notify us by writing to European Instruments Ltd, Shotover Kilns, Old Road, Headington, Oxford, England, OX3 8ST or emailing us at [email protected].
We will not sell / lease give your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to SAR, European Instruments Ltd, Shotover Kilns, Old Road, Headington, Oxford, England, OX3 8ST
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information that is found to be incorrect.
Back to top
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by European Instruments Ltd and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability, with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website, for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of European Instruments Ltd We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, European Instruments Ltd takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Back to top
This website and its content is copyright of European Instruments Ltd - �European Instruments Ltd 2012. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- We have granted you permission to do so. This must be obtained in writing.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Back to top